3.31.2009

Moving!

I am super excited to be moving to our new house soon! We close this Friday, and hopefully everything will go well. I am not, however, excited for actually physically moving. I have been packing for 2 weeks, but it's just amazing how much crap people can accumulate over several years! And, as I sort through stuff I've been finding lots of stuff that I don't really want or need (tea, eye masks, 15 boxes of dayquil and other assorted cold medicines, old envelopes, books I don't like, etc.) that I feel bad for throwing away, but I know that I"ll never use. So I have been doing my best to throw things away that I know I haven't used in the past 4 years and I definitely won't use any time soon. Still, it's hard to throw things away that are completely fine and functional. I do have a huge bag of stuff for Goodwill. But, there's always the little thought in the back of my head that says 'well, I might want this sometime and would hate to have to go buy it if I've already got it'.

I also did not realize how much baby stuff we have!!! And, the kids' clothes are just piling up faster than I can sort it. They grow out of stuff SO FAST!! We are keeping everything in case we decide to have one more baby. It will be an awesome day when we can get rid of everything for good!

It is a cleansing feeling to go through drawers, closets and bedrooms cleaning things out. We are renting a truck this weekend, so I hope i can get alot done this week. Movers are coming the following Friday, so I hope we can get organized and packed fast!!

1 comment:

Robin said...

Regarding all the kid's crap that piles up (especially clothes)... Amen sister! I too can't wait until I can get rid of all that stuff for good (although it will probably be harder to part with the tiny sleepers and outfits than I realize). Congratulations on the new house, and best wishes as you settle in. Hopefully you'll have some democrats in the neighborhood :).