3.03.2010

Baby Zoe Set to Arrive March 10!

I had my doctor appointment today, and it was decided it would be best to have a c-section next week. The medical reason for this is because I had a 4th degree tear with Sophia because she was so big and came out a little sideways (if you want more info on what that means, see this: http://www.babycenter.com/0_perineal-tears_1451354.bc - this was the most toned down version I could find). My doctor said that if tearing like that happens a second time (and if you read about it, it occurs often when there are big babies - Sophia was big at 9 lbs and Zoe will probably be big as well), it often doesn't heal correctly and can lead to bowel problems later on. And, if there is one thing I am uninterested in, it is bowel problems later on.

It also works nicely so that I can have a couple more weeks off, and as a result I won't have to return to work until the 1st or 2nd week of May making our childcare problems much more manageable. So, I'm pretty excited about that. I was also going to have my tubes tied at the same time, but since I'll be at a Catholic hospital, they don't allow that! I was pretty taken aback by that rule, but my Doc said that is one rule the Nuns were sticklers about. So, that means the ball is Paul's court as far as that department is concerned . . .

So, we are excited, and I'm feeling happy and relieved that the end is in sight as far as this pregnancy is concerned! I have one week left to enjoy and finish last minute preparations. I hope I don't get too relaxed and relieved, though, and go in to labor early. I will still have a c-section if that is the case, but I have a bunch of friends coming to stay at my house this Friday and I will be mad if I go in to labor before that! I only get to see these people once a year, if that, so we just need to hold out until Saturday afternoon or later!

I'll keep you all posted, but that's the scoop for now!

No comments: