2.13.2010

My shower!

My friends at school threw me a shower last Wednesday after school. It was simple, but really nice, and Paul and the kids were able to join us. We had cake, punch & fruit and everyone was very generous. We recieved several super cute little outfits, an awesome diaper cake and a bunch of gift cards! I am so lucky to work at a great school with great people. That is definitely one of the advantages of being at a small school - the entire staff knows each other which creates a more family like atmosphere. Since we don't know tons of people here and our closest relatives live an hour away in Houston and Katy, it's nice to have someone to celebrate with.

The kids had lots of fun and a fellow teacher's wife brought their 2 kids (who are the same age as Thomas and Sophia) and they ran around playing with balloons and eating cake. There are a few pictures below of the cake and gift table, but I don't have any others.

**ALMOST 36 WEEKS UPDATE**
I'll be 36 weeks on Monday. The baby noticeably dropped from last Sunday to Monday. That can happen anywhere between a few days to weeks before labor. I can breathe a bit better, but now my lower back hurts more and she seems to push down & stretch out which hurts. As a result, I've significantly slowed down. I have 2 weeks left of school and then we have some friends visiting in town for a meeting, so I hope she doesn't come early!






No comments: