2.21.2010

Opossums and Pains

This week we caught a opossum in our garage. He apparently got in somehow, got into a bunch of water bottles and old easter candy and somehow got stuck under a ladder that fell over and dented Paul's car a little. :-( I discovered him, but had to get to work, so Paul took him to animal control. They said they'll take him far away and release him somewhere, but not sure how true that is. I just hope he won't find his way back to us! The night before that, Thunderball got into a fight with a stray cat that comes around and eats all the cat food and got a nice bloody food. Paul was able to wash him up and he seems fine. I LOVE living where we do - with the creek and wooded areas behind us, but we are wildlife central! I can handle the furry mammals - I just don't want to come in to contact with any of the poisonous snakes that come around here. Our neighbor had one in her pool (water moccosin? not sure) as well as a snapping turtle, so I would say those little guys are especially not welcome!

So, our renter wants out of his lease early. I know he's going through a divorce and someone spray painted 'sex offender lives here' on our garage door (he fixed it and repainted), but something else must be going on because he wants to get an apartment. So, either he's having extra legal troubles or he's getting not feeling welcome in the neighborhood anymore. There are lots of kids and when the sex offender thing happened they were all very concerned that we rented to a sex offender. He's not one according to the registry and all we know, but there must be an ugly situation to provoke that. I don't think random people just run around spray painting that on random garage doors. Anyway, so our house is now back on the market for sale or lease, and we've had several showings, so that is good. We won't let the renter out early unless we sell or lease the property. Apparently we had an offer for a 6 month lease to a person with bad credit and 2 dogs. Jeff, our realtor, quickly said NO. So, I hope something happens, and with the tax credit going through April maybe we'll get some kind of offer.

**37 Week Update!!**
So, I'll officially be 37 weeks tomorrow. I am 1 cm dilated, but I was that way for about a month with Sophia, so it doesn't really mean anything. The baby continues to move alot, and I continue to be uncomfortable. I have pulled a muscle in my right rib area, and it HURTS pretty bad. I think it was from coughing alot when I was sick and then picking up the kids at some point probably didn't help it. My doc said it pretty much won't go away until I have the baby. Yay. It makes getting comfortable for bed very difficult and I'm pretty sore in the morning, but there's nothing I can do. I've also been having lots of Braxton-Hicks (fake) contractions. I thought maybe I was going into labor last night, but they went away. I didn't have those with Sophia at all, but I guess they can go on and on and pretty much mean nothing as far as when I'll go in to labor. This week is my last week at work (!!!!) and the following week Paul has a conference in the Woodlands (1 hr north of here) that he needs to go to. He may stay the night 1 night, but we have 5 friends coming to stay the night at our house on that Friday, so it would be very inconvenient of the baby to come before that! So, I guess she's in the clear to arrive any time after March 6! Anyway, that's about it. Sophia will only be referred to as Sophia or 'Big Sister', and Thomas told the babysitter last night all the things he was going to do to help Baby Zoe. So, they are ready, or at least as ready as they are going to be!!

No comments: