9.13.2009

Pregnancy update

The pregnancy has been going OK so far. The baby is healthy - we've had 2 ultrasounds and the heartbeat is good and my risk for genetic anomalies is that of a 20 year old! Can't get any better than that! I've had pretty yucky nausea (still no actual vomiting), although it's getting a little better in the past week or 2. I pretty much have to eat high protein foods (meat, cheese, yogurt, etc.) to best ward of the nausea, and yesterday was a perfect example. I didn't have my normal breakfast or lunch foods and was pretty sparse on the protein (cereal for breakfast, salad for lunch) and I felt awful last night. Even after I ate a piece of cheese and some crackers and dinner I was nauseas. So, this is unpleasant in many respects, but mostly because I have to eat all these foods that are probably going to cause me to gain more weight than I would like. However, I cannot stand feeling so awful in the evenings and it makes it very hard for me to take care of the house and the kids. Thankfully Paul is very helpful and Sophia likes to sleep alot!!

I have my 'big' ultrasound appointment on Oct. 19, so I am looking forward to finding out if it's a boy or a girl!! Then I can start planning! We have to figure out how to arrange the kids and probably get a new bed somewhere - we will probably use Thomas's crib because we don't have the conversion set to make it bed. Paul drilled some holes and was able to make it a big boy bed, but the holes are just far enough apart that the mattress slips through and falls sometimes. So, it will be easier to just put it back to a crib.

I'll try to post an ultrasound picture if I ever get a chance to scan it in.

No comments: