9.19.2009

Sophia's Interesting Day!

Sophia had quite the day on Tuesday. First, I picked her up from school and she was sitting at the table with a paper in front of her with freshly distributed paint just waiting for her little hands to dive into. She normally sees me and drops everything and runs to me, but this time she did not want to leave and was not happy to see me - she refused to get up from the table and then started crying and fighting me when I picked her up and took her paint shirt off. 'Painting, painting' she kept saying and she cried all the way to the car. She was very unhappy.

We went home, ate dinner and then played outside. She then fell face first on the driveway scratching the tip of her nose, the space between her nose and lip and had a pretty bloody lip. She cried, but recovered pretty well. I really thought her lip had to hurt because it was scratched on the outside and I think her teeth cut the underside as well. But, she is a really tough girl and after a few minutes of recovery and sucking on a frozen 'Nemo' icepack she was back to business. Then a little bit later, Thomas threw a rock that ended up hitting her in the head near the temple. She had a huge bump and that drew some blood as well, leaving a little cut! Thomas got in trouble for throwing rocks and we ended our outside playing at that point!

I didn't take a picture and I really wish I had. I took her to daycare the next day with a scabby nose, fat lip and cut on her head and she looked a little pathetic. But, she was in the most amazing mood - even her teacher commented on how happy she was! She is such a trooper! She consistently has bruised/scabby shins, and I was exactly the same was as a kid. She's very busy all the time and never seems to let a little injury get in the way. Like I say, she's my little pistol!

No comments: